I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This week I am introducing Writer's Workshop with our class. Your child will be writing and sharing with the class on a regular basis. With this format they are able to use the mini-lessons that are given and move at their own pace. I will be able to give more individualized attention to their writing and work with them to implement the strategies that are taught.
This week...
First Grade
Math - We are beginning a unit on place value (ones, tens). How these groupings help us solve problems mentally.
Language - continuing with our special sounds, rhyming, syllables
Spelling - ck and ke rule with our words
Bible - new scripture coming home tomorrow
Second Grade
Math - We are beginning a unit on place value (ones, tens, hundreds, thousands). How these groupings help us solve problems mentally.
Language - reviewing special sounds, syllables, and sentences vs. phrases.
Bible - new scripture coming home tomorrow
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment